Minority Fellowship Program Information
About the Minority Fellowship Program (MFP)
MFP Fellows attend the 2018 Leadership Symposium in Seattle, Washington
- Expand the delivery of culturally competent mental health and substance abuse services to underserved minority populations.
- Increase the number of culturally competent Marriage and Family therapists.
- Provide financial support and professional guidance to graduate students pursuing degrees in Marriage and Family therapy.
- Provide a fellowship program open to Marriage and Family Therapy students who are committed to research about and service to ethnic minority and underserved populations.
The AAMFT MFP offers three Fellowships:
- Dissertation Completion Fellowship (DCF) - For doctoral students at the dissertation stage of their curriculum
- Doctoral Fellowship (DF) - For doctoral students still in the process of completing pre dissertation core curriculum
- Now Is The Time: Minority Fellowship Program- Youth (NITT-MFP-Y) - For masters students interested in service provision to the nation’s youth.
For specific eligibility criteria and program information on all three of these fellowships select the appropriate Fellowship page.
Minority Fellowship Program Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday
9:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Contact the Minority Fellowship Program
main office: 703/838-9808